Best of Wales holiday cottage agency aims to provide excellent value for money, that benefits both cottage owners and holiday makers. We're proud to be Welsh, based in Wales, employing Welsh staff and offering the best Welsh holiday accommodation. As a bilingual company, we're also proud of the fact that all our services are abailable in Welsh and in English, giving you the full Warm, Welsh Welcome to Wales.
As an Accredited Agency, we have carefully selected our self-catering accommodation around Wales, and all are 4 or 5 star graded ensuring that you only get the very best. The company has been founded with the joint expertise of its directors in both the holiday cottage business and e-marketing, online advertising and web system design. The whole business model has been sourced from the directors' own experiences as cottage owners.
Best of Wales aim to ensure you have the perfect cottage holiday in Wales. All our properties are lovingly maintained with your holiday experience in mind.
Best of Wales only offer 4 and 5 star self catering holiday accommodation. These grading scores are set by the Visit Wales, and their equivalent. (VisitBritain, Visit Scotland, Visit Wales and the AA).
What does Grading mean for you?
When choosing your holiday accommodation, look for the Cymru/Wales quality mark of Wales’ official, nationwide quality assessment scheme, then you can be confident that it has been checked out before you check in.
What to expect at our Self-catering Accommodation - General Guidance to 4 and 5 star rating
4 Star = Very Good to Excellent quality
5 Star = Excellent to Exceptional quality
4 Star Grading:
- Full size beds for adults
- Bed linen available with or without extra charge
- Bedside table and light for each occupant (light required for each bunk bed occupant but table or shelf only required for bottom bunk bed).
- Shower is required if more than facilities and 6 persons accommodated
- Double beds must have access from both sides
- All units must be totally self contained
- Extra WC and washbasin if unit sleeps more than 6 persons. Bathroom ratio of 1:8 guests to be maintained
- Towels to be available with or without extra charge
- Access to freezer, ratio of 1:5 guests on multi unit sites
- Access to washing machine. E.g. laundry room or owner’s own machine
- All advertised sleeping spaces to be in bedrooms only (exception for gallery bedrooms in 2 person unit)
- Bed linen available and beds made up for guests
- Each occupant to have use of an easy chair within the main lounge(s)
5 Star Grading: (all the requirements of 4 Stars + the following)
- Bath and shower available in main bathroom (an exception may be made for level entry showers,where properties have been adapted for wheelchair use)
- Extra bath or shower, WC and washbasin, if more than 6 accommodated. Ratio to be maintained, e.g. 12 guests need two bath or shower rooms with WC and basin (one may be en-suite).
- Towels provided and included in hire cost.
- All advertised sleeping spaces to be in bedrooms only, full size beds for all except for temporarily installed children’s beds
- Freezer within the property
- Dishwasher provided within the property
- Washing machine provided where space allows – otherwise w/machine available 24 hrs (not owner’s own machine)
- Any Two from the following list: Dryer, Telephone, Hi- Fi, Video recorder, DVD player
For more infomation on Best of Wales grading policy and procedures please contact us.